What is a CV?

What is a CV?

• CV stands for curriculum vitae.
• a CV is a document, ideally two pages long, which gives a future employer a history of what you've done in the past.
• In a curriculum vitae you add details about your previous work experience, your education and your hobbies and interests.

How often do I need to update my CV?

• keep your CV as up-to-date as possible.
• when you change a job, make a note of it on your CV.
• when you have just finished another qualification, make sure you note it on the CV also.

I am looking for work - do I need a CV?

:)
• it's absolutely imperative that you provide a CV to your future employer.
• why? Because they need to know exactly what you've done in the past, so that they can make a judgment about employing you.

I'm not currently looking for work - do I need a CV?

• it's a good idea to keep your CV up to date, even though you are not looking for a new job.
• make sure that it's up to date just in case your circumstances change and you decide to look for work.

Can I pay someone else to write my CV for me?

• if you find a very good company that can provide a very good CV writing service for you, than yes.
• nowadays you may find hundreds of examples on the internet also. Do not copy-paste them! Research and get the knowledge how to do it by yourself.

Other kind of questions? Do not hesitate to let comments and I will get in contact with you asap :) Good luck!

Gabriela

No comments: