Choosing A Career - How can I decide on a career?

When I first start to decide about my career I was trying to fit myself into somebody else's job. Imagining I am in the position described in the job description, was much more easy to decide. Think on how you can make your skills work to get that particular job. Is important to ask yourself "What do I really feel passionate about?", "What do I love to do so much that I would do it for free?". I believe that that's the key to finding the right livelihood for yourself. What do you feel passionate about, what do you love to do?

Your career should be a natural extension of who you are as a human being. So if you really start to get clear about that, when you get up in the morning, you should be getting up to live your life, and not just getting up to go to a job.
Make a list of your values and find out first what is that thing that makes you happy. It's very, very important to get clear about your values, the things you really love to do, how you want to make a difference in the world, which I also see it as another very important part.

If you think you're not clear about this than try talk to friends and family, do internships, and find out about all different types of careers before you make that decision.

All volunteer experiences will offer you the chance to get to know the market better, get in touch with people that may have valuable information about, maybe finding a mentor. At the end of that Internship, Volunteer activity you will surely know if what you choose is the right choice. Try everything if you are not sure. You have nothing to lose. You can only win. If is about general experience, or only networking ... is something and is valuable for you.

Find out NEXT: How should I start the research for different career opportunities?

Gabriela

No comments: